Tuesday, October 14, 2008

October Monster Madness 2008 - midway

Okay, so we are about halfway through this project of mine. It has actually surprised me how many people are actually visiting the site and checking these out. Apparently, over 150 people have been coming on here in the last month to check out the site! Sometimes, I imagine that no one is reading them....and it is like a little game of play pretend like I may have done as a child. That is...pretending I am writing to someone, when no one is really there. That actually reminds me of a short poem I read recently....

Yesterday upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today.
I wish, I wish he'd go away.

This verse, titled "Antigonish" was written by William Hughes Mearns in 1899. William Hughes Mearns, better known as Hughes Mearns (1875-1965) was an American Educator and Poet. He wrote two books which are credited for fueling the educational trend of creative writing.

Apparently, it was inspired by reports of a haunted house in Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada. That puts it in a different light!

So, halfway through this project, I wanted to list some of the upcoming "monsters". I won't list them all, since I want some to be a surprise, but here are a few of the upcoming monsters.

- Mad Organist
- Horned Flying Monkeys
- Witch riding a broom
- The Boogeyman

I hope you enjoy them and it puts you in a spooky mood!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your site randomly - just wanted to say that you have at least one real person looking at this.