Monday, October 13, 2008

October Monster Madness 2008 - #13

Monster #13 has a kind of Wild Thingish look to it. Count that as inspiration, even though I haven't really looked at one of those drawings in years. Here's where you can find out about the Wild Things movie that is coming out in Fall 2009 - http://www.wtwta.net/.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical details: I used two Pilot Precise Rolling Ball pens, one V7 fine and one V5 extra fine. I didn't use any pencil, choosing to sketch with the pen. It creates a more improvisational line. Then I scanned them in and colored them using CorelDraw X4.


2 comments:

April said...

Matt, I love the Monsters. I checked them all out so far. As soon as I saw this one I thought it looked like that popular book when we were kids. Good job!!

mcrosser said...

Thanks. I just started drawing this horned thing, and it came out looking like Maurice Sendak's creations......I haven't really had too many ideas in mind as I draw, I just have been drawing them.